College 101 Offering At WVN
West Virginia Northern Community College will be offering College 101 during the spring semester. It is a 1 credit hour course and will be offered online. This is a pass or fail course that will earn a K grade on the Northern transcript. The standard $25 per credit hour and a $25 processing fee per semester applies. So, if this were the only course being taken the total would be $50. There is no text or workbook. The enrollment process is straight forward, submit application, registration form, and transcripts. There are no placement requirements for this course. It is open for all sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
The CRN is 30504 ORNT:101
The topics covered are as follows:
- The Big Picture – why consider a post-secondary education?
- Career Assessment/MyACT
- College 101-what to expect
- Exploring CTE
- Exploring Apprenticeships
- Applying to Colleges
- Test taking and study skills
- Communication and social media in a diverse world
- Return on College Investment
- Identity Theft and Internet Safety
- Income Taxes
- WVNCC Overview
- Programs WVNCC Allied Health, Applied Tech, CRJ, Culinary
- Life Store – putting it all together.