What is ProStart?
ProStart is a nationwide, career-building program for high school students created by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation. The ProStart program unites the classroom and industry to develop the best and brightest talent into tomorrow’s restaurant and foodservice leaders. From culinary techniques to management skills. ProStart’s industry-driven curriculum provides real-world education opportunities and builds practical skills and a foundation that will last a lifetime.
Benefits of ProStart
- Join career & Technical Student Organizations
- Compete in the Hospitality Cup – West Virginia’s State ProStart Competition
- Earn the ProStart National Certificate of Achievement
- Earn Industry Credentials – ServSafe Manager, Servsafe Allergens, WV Welcome, and more
- National CTE Honor Society
- Numerous Scholarships
- Variety of Internships
- Put your knowledge and skills to the test at the state ProStart competition!
- Teams of up to four students make a three course meal using two butane burners in one hour. Are you up for the challenge?
ProStart 1 (Block Class)
ProStart 2 (Block Class)
Before I started taking Prostart, I couldn’t do basic cooking skills. Now after 2 years, I can perform skills I never would have expected I could. Not only did the class teach me to cook but it helped me find a passion and my dream job.